COLUMBUS, OH – Columbus highways and roads are becoming more deadly as drivers are being randomly shot. Another such shooting occurred last night.
Last night at 6:18pm, officers responded to an area hospital on the report of a victim walking in with a gunshot wound to the upper torso. Officers made contact with an additional victim that was in the car at the time of the shooting.
Another I-70 Highway Shooting Sends One to Hospital
The second victim, Tanyia Ayala-Salguado explained that she and 20-year-old Jaion Hemsley were driving in the area of E. Whittier St. / Studer Ave. when a large white SUV, driving erratically, came up behind them and bumped their car. Hemsley got out of the vehicle to ask why they bumped the car.
That is when the passenger window rolled down and the passenger pointed a gun at Hemsley. As Hemsley started to run away, the passenger fired 3-4 times, striking him in the upper torso, then sped away. Hemsley was listed in stable condition.
- Do you recognize them? Columbus police say they are wanted for lewd act with minor
- Do you know this porch pirate? Columbus police searching for man who stole packages
- Lakemore police say no more swimming or fishing at Hidden Lake
- Ohio Man Sentenced for Distributing Counterfeit Pharmaceuticals in the Eastern District of Texas
- Final Defendant in Meth Ring pleads Guilty