TOMS RIVER – The Toms River Police Department is hiring dispatchers to work in the communications center and take calls from the community.
This is specialized work in receiving/dispatching police and emergency calls and messages in the police communications center and in performing a variety of related duties. Work involves the responsibility for operating radio communications, telephonic equipment, and performing related clerical communications tasks.
Work requires fast, efficient, and accurate receiving, dispatching, and processing of calls, alarms, and messages. Employees assigned to this position are responsible for receiving, evaluating, and dispatching calls for police service and performing notification and information gathering duties in support of officers in the field. All work is performed in accordance with departmental rules and regulations under the supervision of a superior but requires judgment in completing and controlling dispatching under stress conditions.
- Live tracking of the “China Rocket” headed for re-entry Saturday night
- Funnel cloud spotted in Barnegat Bay near Seaside Heights
- New Jersey men arrested for making homemade fully automatic machine guns
- For the first time in history, people are leaving California
- Beachwood drug dealer gets 15 years in prison