BALTIMORE – On March 13, 2021, at approximately 2:00 a.m., Western District officers responded to a shooting in the 1400 block of West Saratoga Street.
Responding officers observed 32 year-old Lewis Wright suffering from gunshot wounds. Mr. Wright was transported to an area hospital for treatment. Due to the severity of injuries, homicide investigators were summoned to the scene and assumed control over the investigation.
Tragically, Lewis Wright died as a result of his injuries two days later. Through the course of their investigation, detectives were able to identify a suspect and obtained an arrest warrant. On March 22, 2021, 28 year-old Al Pete Gaymon 3rd was charged with 1st Degree Murder for the death of Mr. Lewis. Al Pete Gaymon 3rd is currently being held in Central Booking without bail.
- Agents save life of infant onboard departing plane at BWI
- Two teens shot on Wilkens Avenue
- Baltimore man didn’t realize he was shot until he got home
- Man with gunshot wound in back checks into hospital after police find vacant crime scene
- 21-year-old shot on Christian Street in critical condition