ATLANTIC CITY – On March 28, 2021, a ShotSpotter alert resulted in the arrest of a man and the recovery of a handgun. At 10:03 pm, Officers Adrian Nunez-Santos and Brandon Bower responded to the 100 north block of Morris Avenue in reference to a ShotSpotter alert that registered one gunshot being fired.
The officers were able to obtain a description of possible suspects from witnesses. The suspects were located several blocks away. Upon attempting to stop the group, one man, Jameer James, initially began to walk away while grabbing his waistband before he began to run away.
The officers chased James who threw a handgun to the ground which was recovered. The officers were able to apprehend James who was holding on to the handgun magazine and a shell casing. The other individuals were released after questioning. ARRESTED: Jameer James, 41, of Philadelphia, PA.CHARGES: Unlawful possession of a weapon, possession of a weapon for an unlawful purpose, possession of a defaced firearm, obstruction of justice, and resisting arrest.James was remanded to the Atlantic County Justice Facility. Charges are mere accusations, and the accused are considered innocent until proven guilty.
- Live tracking of the “China Rocket” headed for re-entry Saturday night
- Funnel cloud spotted in Barnegat Bay near Seaside Heights
- New Jersey men arrested for making homemade fully automatic machine guns
- For the first time in history, people are leaving California
- Beachwood drug dealer gets 15 years in prison
Source: Atlantic City Police Department