Three suspects caught on camera after brutal chokehold robbery in dc

Three suspects caught on camera after brutal chokehold robbery in DC

Posted by
1 min read
August 18, 2026

Three suspects hunted after victim was attacked and stripped of his belongings

WASHINGTON, DC – A man was grabbed in a chokehold, threatened with a knife and beaten during a three-person robbery in Northwest DC last week, with surveillance cameras capturing the suspects police are now trying to identify.

Three suspects caught on camera after brutal chokehold robbery in dc
Photo: three suspects caught on camera after brutal chokehold robbery in dc

The attack happened at approximately 9:40 p.m. Aug. 10 in the 700 block of 7th Street NW, according to the Metropolitan Police Department.

Victim grabbed in chokehold

Three suspects approached the adult male victim, police said.

One allegedly put the man in a chokehold while another displayed a knife and demanded his property.

The victim refused to turn over his belongings.

Police said the three suspects then assaulted him, took his property and ran from the scene.

The department did not specify what was stolen or provide information about any injuries suffered by the victim.

Surveillance camera captures suspects

A nearby surveillance camera recorded the suspects, and MPD has released images in an effort to identify them.

No arrests were announced in Monday’s update.

Police are warning anyone who recognizes the suspects not to approach them.

Anyone who can identify the trio or has information about the robbery can call MPD at 202-727-9099 or text a tip to 50411.

MPD is offering a reward of up to $10,000 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of those responsible for a violent crime in DC.


Key Points

  • Three suspects allegedly robbed a man in the 700 block of 7th Street NW on Aug. 10.
  • Police said one suspect put the victim in a chokehold while another brandished a knife before the group assaulted him and stole his belongings.
  • Surveillance cameras captured the suspects, and MPD is offering up to $10,000 for information leading to an arrest and conviction.
Chris Quigley
About the Author

Chris Quigley

Chris Quigley is a Staff Writer and Community News Correspondent for Shore News Network, where she covers local government, public safety, community affairs, politics, and issues impacting residents throughout New Jersey. Her reporting focuses on delivering timely, accurate, and relevant news that helps readers stay informed about the communities in which they live and work.

As a member of the Shore News Network editorial team, Quigley works closely with public officials, community leaders, first responders, and local organizations to provide factual coverage of breaking news, municipal government, public policy, and events affecting New Jersey residents. Her work highlights both major developments and the local stories that shape communities across the state.

Learn More About Chris Quigley
Latest From Chris Quigley

Facebook

Don't Miss