Police In South Jersey to Enforce Seat Belt Use in “Click It or Ticket” Campaign

GLOUCESTER TOWNSHIP, NJ – The Gloucester Township Police Department announced their participation in the national “Click it or Ticket” campaign, aimed at enforcing seat belt usage. The campaign begins on May 20 and will continue until June 2. This enforcement effort will include high visibility seat belt checkpoints and saturation patrols, specifically targeting areas in town with a high incidence of crashes involving unrestrained occupants.

In addition to road enforcement, Gloucester Township Police Officers from the Traffic Safety Unit will be engaging with high school seniors. They will deliver presentations focused on the risks of driving without a seat belt and the dangers of impaired driving, coinciding with the prom season. This initiative is part of a broader national effort to highlight the life-saving benefits of wearing seat belts.

  • Masked crew storms Silver Spring mall store in late night burglary smash and grab

    Montgomery County detectives released surveillance images of four suspects tied to the commercial break in

    SILVER SPRING, Md. — Montgomery County detectives are searching for four suspects accused of breaking into a Silver Spring mall store during a late-night burglary that ended with stolen merchandise and the suspects fleeing before police arrived.

    According to the Montgomery County Department of Police 3rd District Investigative Unit, the burglary happened Friday, May 15, at approximately 11:45 p.m. at DTLR inside City Place Mall in the 8600 block of Colesville Road.

    Investigators said the suspects forced their way into the store, stole merchandise, and fled the scene.

    Police released surveillance images of the suspects and are asking the public for help identifying them.

    Authorities described one suspect as a Black female wearing a pink hooded sweatshirt, a light-colored headband, black shoes, and carrying a blue backpack.

    A second suspect was described as a Black male wearing a black hooded sweatshirt, black pants, white silver and black shoes, and carrying a black Nike backpack.

    Detectives said another suspect was a Black male wearing a black hooded sweatshirt, gray shorts, red and white sneakers, and carrying a blue JanSport backpack.

    The fourth suspect was described as a Black male wearing a dark-colored hooded sweatshirt, black pants, and red and white sneakers.

    Police have not released the value of the merchandise stolen during the burglary.

    Police in south jersey to enforce seat belt use in "click it or ticket" campaign
    Photo: police in south jersey to enforce seat belt use in "click it or ticket" campaign

    Anyone with information regarding the suspects or the incident is urged to contact Crime Solvers of Montgomery County by visiting www.crimesolversmcmd.org or by calling 1-866-411-8477.

    Authorities said tips leading to an arrest may qualify for rewards ranging from $250 to $10,000. Anonymous tips are accepted.


    Key Points

    • Montgomery County police are searching for four suspects tied to a Silver Spring mall burglary
    • Detectives said the suspects broke into DTLR at City Place Mall and stole merchandise
    • Surveillance images were released as investigators seek public assistance

  • Mystery burglars caught on camera after commercial break in rattles Malta business

    New York State Police are asking the public to help identify people seen in surveillance images

    MALTA, N.Y. — New York State Police are searching for individuals connected to a commercial burglary investigation in Saratoga County after surveillance images captured people investigators believe may have information about the crime.

    State Police in Saratoga announced Friday they are investigating a reported burglary that occurred earlier this month at a commercial building in Malta.

    Authorities released surveillance photos of individuals seen during the investigation and are now asking the public for help identifying them.

    Investigators have not released details about what was taken during the burglary or exactly when the break-in occurred.

    Police said the individuals shown in the images may have additional information related to the case.

    Anyone who recognizes the individuals or has information connected to the burglary is urged to contact State Police in Saratoga at 518-457-6811 or send information by email to crimetip@troopers.ny.gov.

    The investigation remains active.


    Key Points

    • New York State Police are investigating a commercial burglary in Malta
    • Surveillance images were released of individuals who may have information about the crime
    • Authorities are asking the public to contact State Police with tips
  • Elderly Baltimore woman vanishes overnight as police launch urgent search

    Authorities are asking for help locating 85 year old Audrey Williams after she disappeared early Friday

    BALTIMORE, Md. — Baltimore police are urgently searching for an 85-year-old woman who disappeared overnight from a Northeast Baltimore neighborhood, prompting investigators to ask the public for immediate help locating her.

    According to the Baltimore Police Department, Audrey Williams was last seen Friday at approximately 2 a.m. in the 3400 block of Carlisle Avenue.

    Police described Williams as standing approximately 4 feet 11 inches tall and weighing about 110 pounds.

    Authorities have not released additional details surrounding her disappearance, including what she may have been wearing when she was last seen.

    The department’s Missing Persons Unit is actively investigating the case and asking residents throughout the area to remain alert for any sightings of the missing woman.

    Anyone with information regarding Audrey Williams’ whereabouts is urged to contact the Baltimore Police Department Missing Persons Unit at 410-361-9929 or call 911 immediately.

    The search remains ongoing.


    Key Points

    • Baltimore police are searching for missing 85-year-old Audrey Williams
    • She was last seen around 2 a.m. on Carlisle Avenue
    • Authorities are asking anyone with information to contact police immediately

  • Late night Baltimore shooting leaves 62 year old man seriously wounded after street confrontation

    Police say four men approached the victim moments before gunfire erupted near Lombard Street

    BALTIMORE, Md. — A 62-year-old man was left seriously wounded after gunfire erupted in downtown Baltimore early Thursday morning following a confrontation involving a group of men on East Lombard Street.

    Officers responded at approximately 1:08 a.m. to the 1000 block of E. Lombard Street for reports of a shooting, according to Baltimore Police.

    When officers arrived, they located the victim suffering from a gunshot wound.

    The man was transported to an area hospital, where he remains in serious condition.

    Investigators said preliminary findings revealed the victim had been walking with friends in the 900 block of E. Lombard Street when they were approached by four unknown males.

    According to detectives, words were exchanged between the groups before one of the suspects pulled out a firearm and opened fire, striking the 62-year-old victim.

    Police said the victim and his companions fled to the 1000 block of E. Lombard Street, where they contacted authorities.

    Central District detectives responded to the scene and have taken over the investigation.

    No arrests have been announced, and investigators have not released descriptions of the suspects involved.

    Anyone with information is urged to contact Central District detectives at 410-396-2411 or Metro Crime Stoppers at 1-866-7LOCKUP.


    Key Points

    • A 62-year-old man was shot during a confrontation on East Lombard Street
    • Police said four unknown males approached the victim and his friends before gunfire erupted
    • The victim remains in serious condition as detectives continue investigating
  • Keg hurling suspect busted after smashing Georgetown business window in midnight rampage

    Police say a Maryland man threw a keg through a Northwest DC storefront before fleeing the scene

    WASHINGTON, D.C. — A Maryland man has been arrested after police say he hurled a keg through the front window of a Georgetown business during a destructive overnight incident caught in the heart of Northwest Washington.

    The Metropolitan Police Department announced Thursday that 28-year-old Charles Joseph Ali of Rockville, Maryland, was arrested and charged with felony destruction of property.

    According to investigators, the incident happened Monday at approximately 12 a.m. in the 3300 block of M Street Northwest.

    Police said the suspect approached the business, threw a keg through the front window, and fled the area before officers arrived.

    Authorities identified Ali as the suspect connected to the destruction of property offense following the investigation into the incident.

    MPD also said detectives are continuing to investigate a separate destruction of property case that occurred April 24 in the 1900 block of M Street Northwest.

    In that incident, investigators said a suspect approached a business at approximately 4:50 a.m., damaged property, and fled the scene.

    Police have not confirmed whether the two incidents are connected.

    Anyone with information regarding the April 24 destruction of property case is asked to contact MPD at (202) 727-9099 or submit anonymous tips through the department’s TEXT TIP LINE by texting 50411.

    The Metropolitan Police Department said a reward of up to $1,000 is available for information leading to the arrest and indictment of individuals responsible for crimes committed in the District of Columbia.


    Key Points

    • Charles Joseph Ali of Rockville was arrested on felony destruction of property charges
    • Police said the suspect threw a keg through a Georgetown business window
    • Detectives are still investigating a separate M Street vandalism incident from April