Bomb threat to Maryland courthouse traced to prepaid phone purchase in Baltimore
HAGERSTOWN, Md. — A bomb threat that warned a judge would die and claimed explosives were inside the Washington County Circuit Court has led to the arrest of a 32-year-old Baltimore man after investigators traced the calls to a prepaid cellphone, officials said.
The threat was reported Monday, February 2, between approximately 7:30 a.m. and 7:40 a.m., when two court employees received telephone calls stating there was a bomb inside the courthouse and that a judge would be killed.
Court security protocols were immediately implemented, and law enforcement launched a joint investigation involving the Office of the Maryland State Fire Marshal and the Washington County Sheriff’s Office.
Detectives with the Sheriff’s Office Digital Investigations and Forensic Unit determined the threatening calls originated from the same prepaid cellular phone. Investigators identified the Baltimore retail location where the phone had been purchased.
Making news today, Woman Escapes Attempted Rape Inside Prospect Park as NYPD Searches for Suspect.

Surveillance footage obtained by the Office of the State Fire Marshal led to the identification of the purchaser as Jamil Nicholas Gardner, 32, of Baltimore, authorities said.
State Fire Marshals obtained an arrest warrant, and Gardner was taken into custody Wednesday in Howard County by members of the United States Marshals Service, the Office of the State Fire Marshal, and the Maryland State Apprehension Team.
Gardner was transported to Washington County and is being held at the Washington County Detention Center pending an initial appearance before a District Court Commissioner.
He faces charges including intimidating or influencing a juror, two counts of false statement involving a destructive device, two counts of arson threat, threat of mass violence, and harm or threat of damage to a court office.
Officials said threats against the judicial system and public safety will be fully investigated and prosecuted.
Across the region, Philadelphia Police Release Images of Man Accused in Daylight Indecent Assault.
The charges are allegations, and the defendant is presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty in court.
Key Points
• Bomb threats were reported February 2 at the Washington County Circuit Court
• Investigators traced the calls to a prepaid phone purchased in Baltimore
• Jamil Nicholas Gardner, 32, was arrested February 11 and faces multiple felony charges
Continuing coverage, Cocaine Dealing Operation Busted Near Hackensack School.
